19910 Malvern Road
Shaker Hts., OH 44122
Position title: Finance and Human Resources Director
Date of Posting: Dec. 13, 2021. Applications accepted until the position is filled
Supervised by: CEO
Status: Full-time, salaried/exempt position
The Finance and Human Resources Director, under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), directs the financial affairs of the Hanna Perkins Center for Child Development (HPC). The Finance and Human Resources Director is an important partner to the CEO, providing strategic assistance in developing financial plans and policies, accounting practices, preparing and monitoring of the annual budget, financial reports and maintenance of accurate and complete fiscal records. Tactically, the Finance and Human Resources Director performs all payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and related functions to ensure the daily financial operations are in compliance with organizational needs and Federal, state and local regulations.
- The ability to operate both strategically and tactically in an organization with new leadership.
- Knowledge of financial processes including financial analysis, budget development and implementation and good accounting practices.
- Skill in conveying effective verbal and written communications to multiple stakeholders.
- Skill in motivating, developing and directing people as they work identifying the best people for the job.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to work with a broad range of individuals.
- CPA or equivalent required
- Five to ten years’ experience at a financial management level in a nonprofit setting.
- Literate in QuickBooks, MS Office including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional background should reflect a wide range of practice experience along with progressive supervisory and management experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, work at a keyboard, and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Please forward COVER LETTER and RESUME to:
Karen Baer, Chief Executive Officer
Hanna Perkins Center for Child Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer